April 18, 2016 - November 18, 2016
Study Nonviolence Systematically
The Metta Center Certificate Program is a three-tiered course on the history, theory, practice and application of nonviolence.
This 6-month online program is open to anyone who wishes to develop their understanding of the science and theory of nonviolence while learning how to contribute to the greater movement for a global nonviolent culture. If you seek a way to study nonviolence systematically, this course is ideal for you.
This course aims to help you:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the history and theory of nonviolence
- Practically apply nonviolence in all aspects of your daily life
- Harness essential nonviolence skills such as strategy, communication, analytical thinking, negotiation, conflict transformation
- Connect with others who are passionate about nonviolence – online, in your local community, and beyond
- Discover specific ways you can contribute to the new story (the shift to a new global paradigm of nonviolence and peace)
The learning path follows the Metta Center Roadmap, guiding you through the process of discovering person power, learning about nonviolence and developing strategies to take nonviolent action and contribute to the global movement for nonviolent culture.
Part 1: Discover Person Power
Part 2: Learn Nonviolence – History and Core Concepts
Part 3: Practical Applications
Coursework also consists of readings, podcasts, videos, reflection questions and weekly assignments to help you apply the concepts introduced.
The coursework is asynchronous, meaning you do not need to be online at a certain time each week to complete the course. We do, however, move at a group pace of one lesson per week. Optional office hours are held once a month on Google Hangouts, and group discussions take place via an online platform.
Registration & Pricing
We are now accepting applications for our 2016 cohort, which will begin on April 18. Please click here to apply.
We offer a sliding scale model, with a suggested base contribution of $300 ($50/month) for the 6-month program. If you are able to pay more, we welcome your additional contribution to support others who are not able to pay. We want to keep the program accessible to all, and a limited number of scholarships are available.