The International Empathy Trainers Association is a professional association for the mutual support, promotion and welfare of all our members. Our mission is to raise the importance of empathy as a human value around the world through training. We support members by;
- advocating for the importance of empathy in all parts of society,
- sharing training materials and resources,
- setting and maintaining standards,
- protecting and advancing mutual interests.
- promoting social, advertising and political action to inspire families, schools, communities, organizations, businesses and government to support empathy training programs.
- offering business support and leads to members,
- maintaining a directory of empathy trainers that prospective clients can access,
- and much more.
“You know, the principle of empathy gives broader meaning, by the way, to Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want. They want to make sure people don’t take their stuff. But the principle of empathy recognizes that there are more subtle forms of violence to which we are answerable. The spirit of empathy condemns not only the use of fire hoses and attack dogs to keep people down but also accountants and tax loopholes to keep people down.” Barack Obama