Early Bird Rate (through April 30, 2016): $400
Regular Rate: $450
Group Discount (for groups of 3 or more registered at the same time): $25 off per ticket.
The three-day training runs from 9am-5pm each day, with a break for lunch.
At the basis of all healing and transformation is a person being deeply heard by another. It is through being heard that we gain insight, understanding, empathy, and compassion and renewed internal resources to better navigate our own needs and the feelings and needs of others.
In this three day exploration of Compassionate, Nonviolent Communication, a model developed by psychologist Marshall Rosenberg PhD and based on the work of Carl Rogers, we will experience first hand the profound impact of being com-pletely and empathically present to others and ourselves and how to integrate empathic listening (including somatic-based empathy) in our healing work.
In this program, learn how to:
- Help your clients re-connect when shut down, stuck, or “looping”
- Listen to your clients in a way that opens up healing and transformation
- Empower others to discover and draw on their own internal resources
- Support clients in hearing what really matters to them underneath judgments, self sabotage, demands, anxiety, anger, shame, and blame
- Work more effectively and comprehensively with empathy and compassion, including through Somatic- Based Empathy (a practice developed by Dian Killian based on the NVC model)
- Support clients in more powerfully meeting their needs
- Increase self-connection, mind-body awareness, and self-empathy for clients and yourself
Who is this program for? Therapists, coaches, counselors, teachers, therapists and counselors in training or anyone who wants a pow-erful set of practices and tools to deepen and enhance how you support others and yourself.
About the facilitator: Dian Killian, PhD, is the founder and former di-rector of the Center for Collaborative Communication in New York City, a Certified Trainer with the international Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC), a certified life coach (a graduate of the Coaching for Transformation program), and co-author of Connecting across Differences and Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of New York. She shares NVC around the world and looks forward to offering this highly transformative program in Austin. Read more about her at www.workcollaboratively.com
Please Note: Spaces are limited for this program to maximize individual attention and learning. Participants are encouraged to register early to hold their spot. CEUs for are available for LPCs and LMFTs and included in your registration fee.