|1000 Trainings Project #: 964|
June 20, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Communicating Nonviolently
- Nonviolent Conflict Transformation
- Nonviolent Social Change
- Spiritually-Based Nonviolence
This course focuses on living from the inside out.
Life is relationship. Living can be seen as a series of living in relationship to other people and outer events. As we receive and take in information and communication from the outside it is experienced in our inner world. The quality of our inner experience determines how we act and what we say. Development of inner capacities is crucial and foundational to the quality of one’s life and living.
Living fully requires cultivating an inner spaciousness of freedom.
Our relationship to life brings us to our inner experience of life. In moments of difficulty we often experience different forms of resistance, that is, inner resistance to the outer experience of life.
Letting go of this resistance emerges as the spaciousness of freedom and access to the gracious presence of life as it is moves through us. This presence is a felt presence in and through the body. It is the presence of peace, joy, deep interest and curiosity and life moving me forward.
There is a discipline and a commitment to living life fully. The price of freedom is eternal presence and compassionate awareness.
This course is an invitation to live life more fully by attending to and cultivating, in a disciplined way, all of the ways, moment by moment that we resist life.
Resistance shows up as stress, confusion, overwhelm, and most especially fear and anxiety. We will explore and practice ways of attending to our inner experience with compassion so that we can more easily let go of the inner resistances and surrender the life that is already present in our heart.
This course focuses on:
- Cultivating awareness of inner experiencing.
- Recognizing and taking ownership for inner resistance.
- Bringing a field of inner kindness to your inner distress.
- Surrendering/letting go of the fear that is at the core of resistance.
- Restoring a felt sense of Life as a supporting presence
- Letting life and love be a center and guide for your living
Key terms that Robert plans on discussing are:
- Surrender, unconditional acceptance
- Letting go as a spiritual practice
- Harnessing the Life force
- Life force and spirituality
- Embodying qualities of life
- Creating an inner spaciousness
- Tracking inner landscape and self-responsibility
- Letting life live you
- Mind as resistance
- Resistance as lack
- Resistance as stress