A Two Day NVC Retreat at Kripalu Center with CNVC Certified Trainers Dian Killian, Marc Weiner and Martha Lasley
February 10-12, 2017 Friday–Sunday 2 nights
Do you treat others with kindness and compassion yet find it challenging to do the same for yourself? Negative self-talk can drain your life energy, block you from living fully, and keep you from acting on your dreams. That inner critic can even impact how you relate to others, resulting in a lack of peace and harmony.
By integrating Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication techniques with coaching and empathy, you gain greater clarity about what matters most and can then make choices that honor all your needs and values. Learn to treat yourself with the same loving-kindness that you extend to others.
In this workshop, you learn to:
- Attune to core aliveness
- Listen for feelings and needs
- Speak from the heart
- Develop a practice of self-empathy
- Connect more deeply with others
- Ask for what you really want
Return home with practical skills that include communicating observations free of evaluations, feelings free of judgment, needs free of strategies, and requests free of demands.
- Jane Marantz Connor and Dian Killian, Connecting Across Differences: Finding Common Ground with Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime (Puddledancer Press; Second Edition)
- Martha Lasley, Virginia Kellogg, Richard Michaels, and Sharon Brown,Coaching for Transformation: Awakening Personal Transformation and Social Change (Discover Press)
- 10 credits for Social Workers (SW), $30 additional charge