June 4, 2016
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Mary Hanna/Meta Peace Team
Our Savior Lutheran Church
6901 N. Saginaw St.
Flint, Michigan, 48505
Tagged with: Meta Peace Team
- Review Dr. King’s principles and the spiritual basis of nonviolence.
- Experience the power within you to creatively deal with situations of conflict.
- Learn and practice good communication skills.
- Learn skills to de-escalate violence.
- Experience role plays of Peace Teams doing violence intervention in Flint.
Participants will explore nonviolence in the “big picture”; what it means, how it is used, and how good-hearted, well-intentioned individuals can disagree yet still work together. They will learn and gain practice in specific skills & tools that are useful both in conflict intervention situations and in daily life (such as Active Listening, I-messages, and the CLARA technique). They will be introduced to tools for group work (Affinity teams and consensus decision making) and to the concept of “peace teams” or third-party nonviolent intervention (TPNI) and its scope of possibilities.
This special Training will have an emphasis on using skills in neighborhood situations to decrease violence and increase community safety & cohesion.